A Christian girl abducted and raped by Muslims

(Original name has been hiding for safety)

A Masih was abducted and raped by Muslims on 31 December 2016; she was referred to CTS sanctuary house as they were on severe life threat by the local extremists.

Background of the incident:

The victim A Masih aged 25, lived at Walton Road Lahore along with her family. They lived in an area mostly populated with Muslims. A Masih and her family lived happily but the problem started when a Muslim man named Ali Shah aged 26 started following her sister on her way for conversion and forced marriage. Masih’s husband filed a complaint against Ali Shah in the Factory Area Police Station but the police did not take a notice of this complaint and Ali Shah does not stop his attitude towards the victim. They filed a case application to stop Ali Shah but he did not mend his way and there was a fight.

Ali Shah becomes aggressive; on 31/12/2016 at 10:30 pm he kidnapped Masih with the help of some friends and raped her after one another. On 01/01/2017 her husband filed a complaint against Ali Shah at Liaqat Abad police station DilkuShah colony Kotlakhpat Lahore for abduction and rape of his wife Masih. She was taken to the General Hospital for the medical-examine by the Lady Doctor. The reports were clear and showed that a rape was committed with her repeatedly.

Her husband visited police station for several times but police did not take a legal action against Ali Shah and did not arrest him in the criminal allegation even after the medical report was clear. They family approached different people, locally influenced for help but no one taking serious.

Meanwhile, Ali Shah started threatened Masih and her for severe consequences. While the life was on risk and they were forced to withdraw the legal case. Masih and her husband got afraid of life and with their minor son, left to Multan on the same date 06/01/2017 for safety. They were in contact with Fr. Peter John a Catholic priest and asked him for help and went to Karachi on 28/01/2017. Fr. Peter John accommodated this family and supported to live hide. Fr. Peter approached CTS and requested for the shelter and support to this aggrieved family.